Saturday, May 16, 2015 9:30AM
University Doctoral Commencement, Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre
Sunday, May 17, 2015 11:15AM
Eastman School of Music Commencement, Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre
The Eastman School of Music will proudly celebrate its 90th Commencement Ceremonies in May 2015. Over 250 students will have their Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral degrees conferred this year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are tickets required?
- Tickets are not required and there is not a limit on how many friends and family may attend.
What if one of my guests needs special accommodations?
- If any of your guests will require special accommodations, please notify the Registrar’s Office. Handicapped seating is available in the theatre, ushers will be on hand to direct people to the designated seating areas.
How long the ceremony expected to last?
- Our commencement ceremony begins at 11:15am and is typically concluded by 1pm. Guests are invited to a reception immediately following the ceremony in Cominsky Promenade.
Where should I park?
- Parking for the Eastman ceremonies will be available for a fee in the East End Garage on East Main Street between Swan and Scio streets or in the Allpro Parking Lot on the corner of Gibbs and East Main streets.
Where should I stay for my visit?
- Hotel information for Eastman can be found here: http://www.esm.rochester.edu/admissions/visiting/#hotels
Can I purchase invitations to send to friends and family?
- Yes. Formal invitations and other graduation gifts may be ordered through the Eastman Bookstore.
Is there a commencement rehearsal?
- There is not a commencement rehearsal for students. Students should arrive at the Grand Balcony by 10:30am the morning of commencement and will receive instructions at that time.
Where do I purchase academic regalia (cap & gown)?
- Official academic regalia are required to participate in all commencement ceremonies. Academic regalia to be worn at the Commencement exercises must be purchased no later than May 1. 2015. Purchases can be made in person at any of the University of Rochester bookstores.
When can I receive my diploma?
- Diplomas will be available to pick up after the ceremony on the Grand Balcony of Eastman Theatre.
When can I receive my diploma if I am not attending the ceremony?
- Diplomas will be available to pick up in the Registrar’s Office on Monday, May 18, 2015. If you need us to mail your diploma, please indicate the address on your Degree Application or notify our office via email.
Students eligible to participate in commencement:
Commencement Program Archives
2014: Program Awards
2013: Program Awards
2012: Program Awards
2011: Program Awards
2010: Program Awards
2009: Program Awards
2008: Program Awards
2007: Program Photo Essay of Commencement 2007
2005: Program Awards
2004: Program Awards
Viewing PDF requires a PDF reader, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader