The Eastman School of Music strives:
- To create a musical community that is rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity.
- To give students an intensive professional education in their musical disciplines.
- To prepare students with a solid foundation in music and an expansive education in the liberal arts.
- To develop informed and inquiring minds that enable each graduate to engage the fundamental issues of their art and to become effective cultural leaders in society.
- And, through its community and continuing education programs, to offer the highest quality music instruction and performance opportunities for students of all ages.
Revised: October 21, 2019