The Eastman School of Music strives:
To inspire humanity — through music and education
- To create a musical community that is rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity.
- To give students an intensive professional education in their musical disciplines.
- To prepare students with a solid foundation in music and an expansive education in the liberal arts.
- To develop informed and inquiring minds that enable each graduate to engage the fundamental issues of their art and to become effective cultural leaders in society.
- And, through its community and continuing education programs, to offer the highest quality music instruction and performance opportunities for students of all ages.
The Eastman School of Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). Other university affiliations are found at https://www.rochester.edu/provost/academic-administration-accreditation-and-assessment/accreditation/.
The National Association of Schools of Music is an association of post-secondary music schools in the United States and the principal U.S. accreditor for higher education in music.