Women in Music Festival
Noon-time Concerts 2012
Performers (male & female) & Composers (female)
Because of last years’ success, we are again presenting our noon-time concerts in different venues:
- Main Hall (ESM) – Monday, March 26
- Wilmot Hall (Nazareth College) – Tuesday, March 27
- Hochstein School of Music & Dance– Wednesday, March 28
- Washington Square – Thursday, March 29
- Miller Center Atrium (ESM) – Friday, March 30
Performers: choose a selection with timing not exceeding 10 minutes of music.
Composers: present any piece from your oeuvre not exceeding 10 minutes.
Please recruit performers for your piece / excerpt (thank you!)
Organists: because we will not present a concert in Schmitt Hall this year, we will program all the organ works in First Universalist Church on the Thursday, March 29 noon concert.
To participate in a noontime concert, please download and fill out the Participation Form (click on the PDF file below) and return it to ESM 327 (bulletin board) by February 17, 2012. Hard copies of the form are also available on the same bulletin board (ESM 327). Forms are dealt with on a “first-come/first-served” basis so act quickly!!
- Performers can be male or female (we’re asked that question every year)
- Your selection must be written by a woman composer (ex. Elton John doesn’t count)
Please email assistant director Beata Golec for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation Form (PDF)