Office of Student Activities
New Student Orientation
Please make sure to thoroughly review ALL sections of the Orientation website.
We look forward to meeting you in August, 2018!
- Academic Information
- Audition and Ensemble Information
- Financial Information
- Health Information
- Safety Information
- University Technology Information
- Additional Information
2018 New Student Orientation Information:
Multiple offices at the Eastman School of Music have been working together to plan an exciting New Student Orientation week just for you! New Student Orientation is mandatory and is full of important information, placement exams, and fun programs and activities. Please mark your calendars with the following important dates:
- Monday, August 20: Move-in day for new international students living in the Student Living Center (students are not permitted to move in before this date). All new international students must check-in between 12am and 2pm on Monday, August 20.
- Tuesday, August 21 – Wednesday, August 22: International Student Pre-Orientation for all new international students.
- Wednesday, August 22: Move-in day for all other new or transfer students living in the Student Living Center (students are not permitted to move in before this date).
- Wednesday, August 22 – Tuesday, August 28: Required New Student Orientation for ALL new incoming and transfer students.
Parents are welcome to attend the Parent Information Session on Wednesday, August 22. All other programs and sessions are just for new students. Parents may not attend placement exams or other events.
More details about Orientation will be available later in the summer.
Please contact the Office of Student Activities by phone at 585.274.1106 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with general questions about Orientation.
For questions regarding things such as undergraduate placement exams, academics and classes, programs of study, studio placements, and/or course requirements, please contact the Office of Academic Affairs by phone at 585.274.1020 or e-mail at email@example.com.
For questions regarding things such as graduate placement exams, academics and classes, programs of study, studio placements, and/or course requirements, please contact the Graduate Studies Office by phone at 585.274.1560 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.