Office of Student Activities
New Student Orientation
Please make sure to thoroughly review ALL sections of the Orientation website.
We look forward to meeting you in August, 2018!
- Academic Information
- Audition and Ensemble Information
- Financial Information
- Health Information
- Safety Information
- University Technology Information
- Additional Information
Welcome to Eastman! The Eastman School of Music New Student Orientation and International Student Orientation Program is a week of required programs for undergraduate and graduate students. New Student Orientation is critical to a student’s first year experience as it makes a substantial impact on welcoming and connecting students and their families to the institution, as well as facilitates a smooth transition to college life at Eastman. New Student Orientation introduces our students to the wide array of academic, social, intellectual, leadership, and cultural experiences available via a series of intentionally designed events, activities, workshops, and opportunities.
During New Student Orientation, students will:
- Receive extensive academic advising, take placement exams, and register for fall classes;
- Learn about the academic, residential, and co-curricular environment;
- Meet other new students and make friends;
- Participate in fun events and explore ways to get involved in student life;
- Meet faculty, staff, and administrators;
- Discuss important first-year college issues;
- Connect with a “Big Sib” and other Eastman Orientation Crew volunteers;
- Learn about campus life from current students; and
- Learn your way around Eastman, River Campus, and Rochester.
After participating in New Student Orientation students will be able to:
- Complete necessary tasks in preparation for being an Eastman student;
- Locate, navigate, and utilize on and off campus resources;
- Establish personal and professional connections with peers, staff, and faculty; and
- Identify opportunities to get involved and become engaged in the campus community in meaningful ways.
Please contact the Office of Student Activities by phone at 585.274.1106 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with general questions about Orientation.
For questions regarding things such as undergraduate placement exams, academics and classes, programs of study, studio placements, and/or course requirements, please contact the Office of Academic Affairs by phone at 585.274.1020 or e-mail at email@example.com.
For questions regarding things such as graduate placement exams, academics and classes, programs of study, studio placements, and/or course requirements, please contact the Graduate Studies Office by phone at 585.274.1560 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.