Earn a Diploma at the Eastman Community Music School!
George Eastman envisioned the Eastman Community Music School as a place where students of all ages and ability levels from the greater Rochester area could come for a high quality, well rounded, serious music education. All of these years later, we still hold on to his vision. We believe that the Eastman Community Music School is in a unique position to continue all that he began.
- Our applied faculty have distinguished themselves on concert stages from Rochester to major stages all over the world.
- We are proud to offer our students the opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills in music theory, composition, music history, secondary piano, improvisation and a wide array of ensemble settings.
- The requirements for the various ECMS Diplomas include a balance of academic study in theory, history and composition, applied instrumental or vocal study, ensemble and chamber music work, and piano proficiency for non-keyboard players or keyboard theory for keyboard players.
- The ECMS is closely connected to the college and there are numerous opportunities for our students to participate in the college’s activities.
- In 2011 twenty two ECMS students were accepted into the Eastman School of Music.
Official University of Rochester Transcripts
Many students who pursue the ECMS diplomas do so in preparation for their college education. Some are preparing to attend music schools or conservatories and others are planning to major in a host of other disciplines. In either case, all students strengthen their applications for collegiate study with their studies at Eastman. Official U of R transcripts are maintained for all students and will be forwarded at no charge to colleges or universities of your choice. These transcripts show all courses, ensembles and applied study done at the Eastman Community Music School including grades earned.
Last updated: April 23, 2008