Eastman@Washington Square – Fall Season
Each week, the Eastman Community Music School and First Universalist Church of Rochester are proud to present free concerts featuring artists from the Eastman School of Music and ECMS. Faculty and Student Performances from both schools offer an excellent opportunity to hear some of the best musicians that Rochester has to offer and all performances are absolutely free!
Concerts take place every Thursday from late October through May at 12:15pm at the First Universalist Church, corner of South Clinton and Court Streets, beginning at 12:15 p.m. and ending at approximately 12:45 p.m. Brown bag lunches are welcome during the performances. Admission is free. Concerts will also be streamed on Facebook live on the Fall 2019 Eastman@Washington Square event page!
Event Schedule –
- October 17 – Made in America – Flutist Sophia Gibbs Kim and pianist Irina Lupines share favorite American music for flute and piano.
- October 24 – Music for Clarinet and Piano – Eastman alumnus clarinetist Carl Galland, and pianist Evelyn Lam, share solo and duo works by Schumann, Brahms, and more.
- October 31 – Meraki Piano Trio – Beautiful chamber music with graduate students Letitia Jap, violin; Heewon Lee, cello; and Nathan Cheung, piano.
- November 7 – Piano Extravaganza I – Featuring students from the piano studio of Professor Alexander Kobrin.
- November 14 – REMF Viol Consort – A wonderful period-instrument string concert, presented in conjunction with the Rochester Early Music Festival.
- November 21 – Pulling at the Strings – Lynn McGrath performs music that pulls at the heart strings, including poignant masterpieces for classical guitar by Brouwer and Mangore.
- December 5 – Piano Extravaganza II – Featuring students from the piano studio of Professor Alexander Kobrin.
- December 12 – Colors of Winter – The New Horizons Chorus, under Juli Elliott, performs music about the sights, sounds, and colors of winter.