Technology and Media Production
Eastman Media Suites
Content creation, post production, academic study and professional development for students, faculty, staff and *alumni.
103 J – 1st floor of Student Living Center, 100 Gibbs Street, across from the Office of Student Affairs.
Spring 2021 Semester Hours:
Current Lab Policies
- In order to work inside the lab, students must reserve a station in advance. To reserve a station, please click here.
- In order to follow social distancing guidelines, we are limiting in-person assistance. If assistance is needed from any of the Media Lab staff, please include the request in your reservation, and include all relevant information.
- All printing must be done through the printing station outside the lab.
- After using the printing station, students are expected to use the cleaning supplies provided to wipe down everything that was touched.
- 23 iMacs
- External and network storage for video and audio projects.
- Seven M-Audio MIDI Keyboards (ask media lab staff about availability)
- Four Komplete Kontrol S88 Keyboards exclusively for Film Scoring Stations
- One Roland A88 Keyboard
Please note: Due to COVID-19 and the University’s safety measures, space in the lab has been restricted to 4 stations.
|Image/Print Design||Adobe Photoshop CC/CS6
Adobe Illustrator CC/CS6
Adobe InDesign CC/CS6
Adobe Acrobat DC
|Music Notation/Film Scoring||
Logic Pro X
|Web and Mobile Design/Publishing||Adobe Dreamweaver CC/CS6
Adobe Muse CC
Adobe Experience Design CC
|Video Editing and Post Production||
Final Cut Pro X
Logic Pro X
|Professional Sound Libraries
Cinematic Studio Series
2 Xerox Printer/Copiers which utilizes the following paper sizes:
- letter (8.5×11)
- tabloid (11×17)
Printing is handled via University Copy Services with the following prices:
- ¢10/page (single-sided)
- ¢18/page (duplex)
- ¢25/page color (duplex or single-sided)
For payment, use a URos account via your University ID card or Copy Card.
Quiet musical study of audio/visual recordings, composition, and video/audio editing.
Sibley Music Library, 2nd floor.
The Sibley Library Staff.
Open during library hours.
7 Dell Optiplex 745 desktops: Allows access to Naxos, Cdigix, Grove Music and other University Services only.
3 Dell Optiplex 745 desktops: score, microfiche, and document scanning (including Tabloid size).
2 Apple 27″ iMacs for Audio/Video transfer and editing.
FireFox, Internet Explorer, RealPlayer, Quicktime, Adobe CS5.5 Web Premium, Sibelius, Finale, and Microsoft Office.
Wireless Internet access for most mobile devices.