Non-Instructional Classroom or Meeting Room Request
The following rooms may be reserved by faculty, staff, and registered students for rehearsals, recitals, meetings, etc., on a first come first served basis:
- Annex 704, 707, 708, 709, 710, 902
- Old Sibley Library 101, 204
- Main Building 209, 305, 320, 404, 514
- Main Building 409, Messinger 1 (Chamber music only, limited hours)
- Eastman Theatre Classrooms 404, 410, 411, 412, 603 (No daytime rehearsals)
- Ranlet Lounge, Ouzer Room (M-9), Miller Center 220 & 320 (for meetings only)
- New Sibley Library 308, 404 (No rehearsals)
- Student Living Center Director’s Meeting Room (No rehearsals)
Students may schedule a room for up to two hours per day, no more than one week in advance. This includes requests for recitals. This restriction does not apply to teaching assistants requesting space for instructional use, or to faculty and staff.
Room availability is extremely limited during certain times of the day and certain weeks of the year. Please be aware that there may not be any space available at your preferred time.
Spaces managed by the Concert Office:
Requests for the Eastman Theatre or Kilbourn Hall should be made in person at the Concert Office. Recording session requests for ESM 120, Howard Hanson Hall, and Ciminelli Lounge can be made online here. Other requests for ESM 120, Howard Hanson Hall, and Ciminelli Lounge should be made in person at the Concert Office.
The Registrar’s Office does not provide set up of chairs or stands for rehearsals. Student ensembles should plan to provide their own folding stands.
Requests submitted by 2PM will receive a response by 5PM the next business day. Persons requesting space are encouraged to make their requests at least 48 hours in advance. Weekend room requests should be submitted by noon on the preceding Friday.
Requests from students will not be processed without 8-digit UR-ID number!
Note that if your event requires technical support, such as laptop & projector or recording equipment, you must arrange this separately with ESM Technology and Media Production.