Registrar – Eastman School of Music
Room Request-Virtual EMS (Student)
You are now able to book a room from the convenience of your personal computer or smartphone with access to the Virtual Event Management System (V-EMS).
- Students may schedule a practice/rehearsal room using V-EMS, no more than one week in advance. This includes requests for non-degree recitals in these spaces.
- Piano students can book a maximum of two, 3-hour blocks per day.
- All other students can book a maximum of two, 2-hour blocks per day.
- This restriction does not apply to teaching assistants requesting space for instructional use, or to faculty and staff.
Eastman Practice Room Breakdowns
|Non-Reservable Spaces (first come, first served)|
|ESM Piano Practice Rooms: Reservations|
|ESM Piano Practice Rooms: Non-reservable|
|ESM Student Rehearsal Reservation|
|ESM TA STUDIOS (only bookable by our office for TAs)|
**When using the V-EMS system to log in please use your
STUDENT E-MAIL for the USERNAME and your
STUDENT ID number for your PASSWORD (NOT YOUR NET ID)**
- For complete instructions on how to use Virtual EMS (V-EMS), please review the V-EMS Instructions
- When making a reservation in the “Event Name field” YOU MUST ENTER YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME, improperly doing so may result in SECURITY not allowing you to use the space.
Please remember to fill in your name for security purposes (see picture below)
ESM Practice Room Policies
- The Registrar’s Office does not provide set up of chairs or stands for rehearsals. Student ensembles should plan to provide their own folding stands.
- Room availability is extremely limited during certain times of the day and certain weeks of the year. Please be aware that there may not be any space available at your preferred time.
- Requests for the Eastman Theatre, Kilbourn Hall, Hatch Recital Hall, Ray Wright Room, Howard Hanson Hall, Ranlet Lounge, and Ciminelli Lounge should be made via the Concert Office.
- Note that if your event requires technical support, such as laptop & projector or recording equipment, you must arrange this separately with ESM Technology and Media Production.
Registrar's Office - Important Dates
Important dates are currently being scheduled. Please check back soon!