Congratulations to the Class of 2011!

image of 6 horn players

The Seniors- Emily, Shelly, Jenny, Tim, Katelyn, and Maura

Here is what some of our graduates will be up to in the future:

Emily Schroeder- Bachelor of Music, Horn Performance

After four wonderful years at Eastman, I find it bittersweet to leave this place which has been my home for just under a quarter of my life.  This fall I will be pursuing my Master of Music degree at the University of Southern California.  Having grown up in the Midwest and then living in the eastern part of the country, it will be a huge change to live in Los Angeles.  I’m excited for it, though!  Maybe I’ll get to sample life as a studio musician in my time at USC.  That’s my plan, anyway.  I’ll certainly miss my friends and teachers at Eastman but they’ll always have a special place in my heart.  Good luck to everyone!

image

The Class of 2011 as freshmen decorating the studio in 2007

image

The senior class at their first Holiday Music for Horns concert on the Live from Hochstein Radio Broadcast in 2007 

Maura McCune- Bachelor of Music, Horn Performance

Maura McCune is excited to continue her studies at the Rice University Shepherd School of Music where she will pursue a MM in Horn Performance under the tutelage of William VerMeulen, principal horn of the Houston Symphony Orchestra. She is looking forward to lots of Texan sunshine (and heat!) and teaching private lessons at a local middle school.

image

The Horn Belles!!! Jenny, Mirella, Katelyn, and Maura

Byron Johns- Master of Music, Horn Performance and Literature

Byron Johns graduated this spring with his Master of Music Performance and Literature degree in horn from the Eastman School of Music.  In April of this year he and Katy Barth were engaged to be married. Byron and Katy will be moving to Florida to explore options as music educators and freelance performers, while Byron continues to participate in orchestral auditions.  Their time in Rochester has been well spent and will always be cherished.

image of 2 students with French horn

Our “super seniors” Matt and Mirella- congrats!

Leslie Hart- Doctor of Musical Arts, Music Education and Horn Performance and Literature

Dr. Leslie Hart is currently the Director of Instrumental Music at the Castilleja School in Palo Alto, California. In addition to this position she maintains a private horn studio of eleven students, she is the founder and director of the newly formed Silicon Valley Youth Horn Club, and she continues to freelance with local chamber ensembles and symphonies in the San Francisco Bay Area.

image of graduating students

Dr. Leslie Hart and Dr. David Hart after graduating in May 2011

Good luck and best wishes to all of our graduates!