Students are permitted to request a self-recording in a Performance Hall, including Kilbourn and Hatch Recital Hall, subject to availability. No Concert Office space may be used without a reservation. Students found using a concert hall or large rehearsal room without a reservation will be asked to leave by Public Safety and will lose the ability to reserve these rooms for the remainder of the semester. Otherwise, below are the rules in place for reservations of these spaces:
Hatch Hall and Kilbourn Hall:
- These halls may be used for self-recordings or livestreamed auditions ONLY. Lessons, practice, and other uses are not permitted in our performance halls.
- Requests for these spaces may be made up to two weeks in advance, and students may request only one session every two weeks of a maximum length of two hours. The one session per two weeks maximum holds even if the scheduled session is less than two hours in length.
- All set up and tear down of equipment and instruments must take place during the reserved time. Students are expected to have vacated the hall with all their possessions by the end of their reservation.
- Hatch and Kilbourn are not available for student recordings between spring break and the end of spring semester.
- Recording sessions in Hatch and Kilbourn may be scheduled in person at the Concert Office (preferred) or by emailing email@example.com with specific availability.
Ciminelli Lounge, Ray Wright Room, and Howard Hanson Hall:
- Self-serve recordings are permitted in these spaces, which can be booked online using Virtual-EMS. (For assistance with Virtual-EMS, please contact the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Students are permitted to make two reservations within a 7 day period, each one up to two hours in length.
- Access Virtual EMS (Requires UR Email Address)