ILLiad is an application that allows faculty, students, and staff to place their interlibrary loan requests electronically. Click here to link with the Sibley ILLiad page.
The Interlibrary Loan Department provides access to the Sibley Library collections for non-Sibley patrons and obtains loans from other libraries for Sibley patrons.
Interlibrary borrowing services allow Sibley Library patrons access to the collections of most libraries in the country as well as some overseas libraries.
- Service is available to all Eastman faculty, staff, and students.
- Requests are made online through ILLiad. Search Worldcat first, find the item you need, and then click the link that says Sibley Interlibrary Loan.
- Photocopies of journal articles and non-copyright-protected materials are usually available.
- Items usually arrive in 2-6 weeks, depending on the library we get it from and what mail service is used. Patron will be notified by email or mail when item arrives.
- Some microfilms and microfiche are available through interlibrary borrowing.
- Some libraries offer rush service for an extra fee.
Certain items are generally unavailable for Interlibrary Borrowing. Interlibrary Borrowing staff can assist patrons with options for obtaining these items:
- Rare/old items
- Some theses and dissertations
- Items found only in libraries outside the US
Sibley Music Library participates as a lending library. Only OCLC requests are accepted. Telephone requests, ALA forms, and fax requests are not accepted. The loan period is four weeks, subject to recall. Renewals may be requested. The Sibley Library does not loan items to individuals through Interlibrary Loan. Patrons wishing access to an item in our collection should place an interlibrary loan request through their public or university library. OCLC symbol: RES
- Loans: $20, No coupons
- Photocopies: $20
- IFM charges and payment required
- Rush service available for additional fees
- Odyssey scans preferred
Items in the collections of Sibley Library that are unavailable for loan include:
- Periodicals and reference works
- Audio Visual materials
- Brittle, rare, and non-circulating items
- Materials currently in use
Items held by the University of Rochester Library System can be requested through Voyager. Requests for these items do not go through the Interlibrary Loan office.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use Interlibrary Loan to order a particular item?
Requests are made online through ILLiad. Search Worldcat first, find the item you need, and then click the link that says Sibley Interlibrary Loan.
When will I get the item I’ve requested?
The usual wait is 2-6 weeks, although some items may take longer. Often, more than one library must be contacted before the loan is made. Books are typically shipped “library rate,” so the mail service itself delays receipt.
Can I find out which libraries hold a particular item?
The same databases used by the ILL office are available through Worldcat. Sibley Library Reference Assistants can show you how to locate and use these databases.
Can I request items from Rush Rhees and other University of Rochester libraries?
Requests for items held in the University of Rochester Library system should be submitted through Library Catalog. Click on the Request This Item link.
Contacting the Interlibrary Loan Office
The Interlibrary Loan office is located in room 220 in the Sibley Music Library. In-library consultation may be made with the reference desk staff. Requests and questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail requests and questions to:
Sibley Music Library
27 Gibbs Street
Rochester, New York 14604 USA