How To Acquire An ECMS ID Card
* Important ID Card Update from 11/9/2020*
We are committed to the health and safety of our community and constantly working to improve our campus security. To that end, we are implementing additional safety measures to Messinger Hall access. Messinger Hall (10 Gibbs St.) is where most of your lessons and classes are scheduled and our office is located.
Students are now required to swipe their ECMS ID card to enter the building. Note that only registered ECMS students will be issued a card. Unfortunately, we are unable to issue ID cards to parents who accompany our students.
- If you do not yet have an ID card, please make arrangements to visit the ECMS Office on the third floor of Messinger Hall as soon as possible. We will need to take a photo of the student for their card and are usually able to print the card in 1 -3 business days.
- If you lost your ID, you must come to the office to request a new card. Printing a replacement card takes 1-3 business days and costs $15, which must be paid in cash or by check at the time that you pick up the new card.
- Students with University ID’s from River Campus, The Medical Center, Eastman, or other departments within the University of Rochester can be assigned access to their current ID card by contacting the office.
- Our office hours are from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 9:00 a.m. – 2: 00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Our summer office hours are from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (with no Saturday hours)
Students who forget their ID will be able to gain access to the building by pressing a buzzer on a video phone located by the entrance. This video phone is connected to the security desk in Eastman’s Lowry Hall. You will need to tell the public safety officer your name and your teacher’s name. They will then verify the information and admit you to the building. Parents whose children have already entered the building will also need to identify themselves via video phone along with their child’s name and their teacher’s name.
We’re excited that this change will help us to keep better track of who is entering our building and utilizing our facilities during this pandemic and beyond, but we do understand that there may be some growing pains. Please know that we are here to help make the transition as smooth as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or call 585-274-1400.
Thank you in advance for your support as we make our community a safe space.
All students must have an ID card for entrance to buildings on the Eastman campus. ID photo and card requests are handled by the ECMS office in Suite 321 at 10 Gibbs St. Students should stop by the office to take an ID photo and request their card before their first class or lesson. IDs will be printed within 1 – 3 business days and may be picked up in the office the next time the student is in the building.
Replacement cards are available by notifying the ECMS office in person. If your card is damaged, you may trade it for a new card. If your card is lost, there is a $15 replacement fee.