Youth Guitar Ensemble I

Grades 5–8
Teacher: Lynn McGrath
Friday, 5:30-6:30pm
Room: Rettner Community Music Center

Tuition: $240 per semester
Tuition with lessons (10% off): $216 per semester
Tuition with lessons and two or more concurrent 17-week classes or ensembles (15% off): $204 per semester
This is a yearlong course divided into two semesters.

Youth I is designed for 5th-8th graders with at least one year of guitar instruction and who are reading fluently in first position on the guitar. Students in this course should also be taking individual lesson instruction and have developed technical skills including free-stroke techniques/arpeggios. Students can take Youth I after “graduating” from Guitar Adventure 2 or in consultation with the director. Seeing other students play and making music with them is enriching and fun and an extraordinary opportunity for guitar students to develop ensemble playing skills. Students in these classes develop note-reading and aural skills, in addition to practicing instrumental techniques.

Permission is required for this course.

Please contact Lynn McGrath for more information. lmcgrath@esm.rochester.edu

Audition Requirements:
1) Perform two contrasting pieces on classical guitar that demonstrate your current level of guitar playing
2) Sight-reading

How to Register

New students and students registering after mid-September: ECMS Registration Form 

Continuing ECMS students may re-register online from May until September.

Paper registration forms available upon request: (585) 274-1400

Once registered, students may begin attending classes. The only registration confirmation you will receive is your bill. You may log on to check your registrations at any time. Click here for complete details on registration and policies.