Students enroll in coaching each semester they are enrolled in a primary applied voice course. They will receive letter grades each semester for vocal coaching coursework. The coaching faculty at Eastman strives to provide regularly scheduled coaching times for all voice majors in the Voice, Opera and Vocal Coaching Department. Assignments to a coach are subject to change from year to year and may be based partly on considerations of repertoire.
Students are expected to be musically prepared for and promptly attend the following coaching sessions:
- First-year students: seven 30-minute coachings per semester
- Sophomores: seven 30-minute coachings per semester
- Juniors: seven 45-minute coachings per semester
- Seniors: weekly 45-minute coachings per semester (in semester of senior recital)
- Seniors: weekly 30 -minute coachings per semester (non-recital semester)
- M.M and D.M.A. students: weekly 45-minute coachings per semester