Information for Staff
Please check back frequently for updates and additions throughout summer and the fall semester.
REMOTE WORK, VACATION AND TRAVEL
Remote Work Guidelines
As of 6/26/20 the Finger Lakes Region is scheduled to start Phase 4 of New York State’s regional reopening plan. This is the final phase of the state’s reopening process, however many operating and activity restrictions are still in place to contain the spread of COVID-19 in our region.
The University continues to require that those employees working from home continue to do so unless approved to return by leadership. Essential staff in areas including public safety, facilities, dining services, residential life, and in some research facilities who are approved to restart or who are responsible for continuing operations at the University may be working on campus. Read here for more about the Remote Work Policy.
- If returning, employees need to screen themselves using Dr. Chat Bot prior to coming to campus.
- All employees on University (non-Medical Center) campuses need to complete the COVID-19 Safety Training available in MyPath. This mandatory training should be completed even prior to having plans to return to campus.
With the exception of University medical and clinical care facilities, the University continues to be closed to outside guests or visitors until further notice. Those who must visit campus—vendors and service personnel who are essential to campus operations, for example—must wear masks when in public spaces and maintain social distancing of at least six feet.
Have questions about working remotely? View this FAQ for answers.
Vacation Policy: Updates on Accruals
In light of work disruptions caused by the crisis, the University wants to ensure that faculty and staff maintain access to earned vacation time so that it is available when they are able to use it. The following changes have been made to the accrual policy:
- At the beginning of the first full pay period on January 1, 2021, a maximum of one and a half year’s (1.5 year’s) accrual may be carried forward. During the year, vacation accruals will continue.
- At the beginning of the first full pay period on January 1, 2022, a maximum of one and a quarter year’s (1.25 year’s) accrual may be carried forward. During the year, vacation accruals will continue.
- At the beginning of the first full pay period on January 1, 2023, the University will return to the standing policy which allows for a maximum of one year’s accrual to be carried forward.