Max Landow (1877-1960) was invited to join the piano faculty of the Eastman School in 1922 by George Eastman himself. He enjoyed an international reputation as a virtuosic recitalist and an impressive teacher. Mr. Landow was born and educated in Germany and taught at the Stern Conservatorium in Berlin before coming to the United States in 1906. He taught at the Sacred Heart Convent in Omaha, Nebraska, and at the Peabody Conservatory in Baltimore, before coming to Rochester. His impressive concert career included recitals in Berlin, Leipzig, Munich, New York City, Boston, and Baltimore. He appeared as soloist with such orchestras as the Berlin and Rochester Philharmonics, and the Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis, and Baltimore symphonies.