Howard Hanson Hall

Howard Hanson Hall StageHoward Hanson Hall Seats
Photos by Helen Hou-Sandí

This intimate, 65-seat hall is named after the School’s legendary director, Howard Hanson — the famous American composer, conductor, and music educator who led the Eastman School from 1924-1964. Opened in 1978, this recital hall is in constant use for solo and chamber ensemble recitals by Eastman students, as well as for master classes, studio classes, and lectures. The hall features an acoustically isolated warm-up room and self-service stage, lighting, and recording equipment.

 

← Back to performance halls