The Eastman School of Music, in conjunction with The Juilliard School and Ithaca College, will host the 7th Annual Upstate NY Music College Fair on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Attending Schools
- Schedule of Events
- Directions and Parking
- Hotel Accommodations
- Recruiter Guidelines
- Shipping Instructions for Recruiters
- Disability Accommodations
Attending Schools for 2012
Schools marked with an asterisk* are pre-college, high school, or non-degree programs that specialize in music.
Schedule of 2012 Events
|3:00 – 3:30pm||Student ambassadors will be available in the Main Hall to meet visitors and answer questions. Self-guided tour maps will be available.|
|3:30 – 4:30pm||Applying to Music Schools: A presentation and Q & A for prospective students and families. Presented by Eastman, Ithaca, and Juilliard admissions directors in Hatch Recital Hall (Eastman East Wing).|
|3:30 – 5:00pm||Set up for recruiters (Cominsky Promenade and Kodak Hall Balcony) Area will not be accessible to other visitors until 5:00pm.|
|4:00 – 5:00pm||Light dinner reception for recruiters (private)|
|5:00 – 7:00pm||MUSIC COLLEGE FAIR (2 connected locations – COMINSKY PROMENADE and KODAK HALL BALCONY)|
|8:00pm||Faculty Artist Series Concert – Clay Jenkins, jazz trumpet Hatch Recital Hall, Tickets Required|
Additional Events open to specific instruments
|4:30-7:00pm||Voice Open Studios – Prof. Steven Daigle, Room 303|
|5:30-6:00pm||Bassoon Open Studio – Prof. John Hunt, Room 212|
|7:30-9:30pm||Trombone & Euphonium Studio Class – Prof. Mark Kellogg, Room 120|
Directions and Parking
The College Fair will be held at the Eastman School of Music. Recruiters will be located in two connected areas: the second floor Cominsky Promenade and the upstairs balcony of Kodak Hall. We anticipate that entry to the fair will be both through the Main Entrance to the School and also through the doors to Kodak Hall. General directions, parking information, and a map of downtown can be found here.
These guidelines are based on NACAC recruiting principles.
- Given the nature of our event, and the anticipated layout of tables and space restrictions, large or tall displays are discouraged. Please limit the height of displays at your table to 20 inches.
- Arrive on time at the fair and staff your booth during fair hours (5:00pm until 7:00pm). Because of a rehearsal in Kodak Hall at 7:30 pm, we ask exhibitors to end promptly at 7:00pm so that the noise from the fair will not interfere with the rehearsal.
- Dress to best represent your school.
- Stay for the entire program.
- Recruitment is restricted to the parameters of the booth.
- Audio-visual equipment should not interfere with other exhibitors.
- Displays can not exceed or obstruct the view of adjacent booths.
- Promotional giveaways (raffles and drawings) are strictly prohibited. Only literature and materials pertaining to the college or university is permitted.
- Be courteous to other exhibitors and fair attendees.
- Fill out the exhibitor evaluation and leave it on your table at the conclusion of the fair.
- Place empty boxes beneath your designated table.
- Keep the aisles clear of boxes and materials.
- Enjoy the event!
Shipping Instructions for Recruiters
Boxes of materials may be shipped to the event to arrive on or after October 29. Please ship to arrive no later than November 2nd. Boxes will be placed at your assigned table by 4:00 pm on the day of the fair.
Send all shipments to:
Attn: Christina Crispin
Upstate NY College Fair, Eastman School of Music
26 Gibbs Street
Rochester, NY 14604
We strongly recommend that you track your packages to confirm arrival at Eastman.
If you have any special needs, please contact the Admissions Office in advance of the fair so that we may assist you upon arrival.