The Eastman School of Music, in conjunction with The Juilliard School and Ithaca College, will host the 10th Annual Upstate NY Music College Fair on Thursday, October 29th, 2015 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. Details will be posted below as they become available.
- Event Schedule
- Attending Schools
- Directions and Parking
- Hotel Accommodations
- Recruiter Guidelines
- Shipping Instructions for Recruiters
- Disability Accommodations
2015 Event Schedule
3:00-4:00 PM Panel Presentation on Applying to Music Schools – Hatch Recital Hall
Admissions representatives from Eastman, The Juilliard School and Ithaca College offer insights on the admissions process. This presentation will also be streamed live here.
4:00-5:00 PM Break – Campus Tour available at 4:30 PM
5:00-7:00 PM College Fair – 2nd floor of 26 Gibbs and Eastman Theatre
Additional events for students interested in specific programs:
- 12:35-2:25PM Eastman Jazz Ensemble Rehearsal – ESM Room 120
- 1:35-3:25PM Eastman Jazz Performance Workshop with Prof. Bob Sneider – Annex 710
- 1:35-3:25PM Jazz Performance Workshop with Prof. Dariusz Terefenko – Annex 624
- 5:00-7:00PM Voice & Opera Department Chair Dr. Russell Miller available to speak with prospective voice students and parents – ESM Room 334
- 5:30-6:30PM Eastman faculty members Dr. John Fetter and Dr. Elizabeth Bucura will be available to speak with prospective Music Education students – ESM Mezzanine Level (between 1st and 2nd floor) Room M3
2015 Participating Schools:
Schools marked with an asterisk* are pre-college, high school, or non-degree programs that specialize in music.
Directions and Parking
The College Fair will be held at the Eastman School of Music. Recruiters will be located in two connected areas: the second floor Cominsky Promenade and the upstairs balcony of Kodak Hall. We anticipate that entry to the fair will be both through the Main Entrance to the School and also through the doors to Kodak Hall. General directions, parking information, and a map of downtown can be found here.
These guidelines are based on NACAC recruiting principles.
- Given the nature of our event, and the anticipated layout of tables and space restrictions, large or tall displays are discouraged. Please limit the height of displays at your table to 20 inches.
- Arrive on time at the fair and staff your booth during fair hours (5:00pm until 7:00pm). Because of an event in Kodak Hall at 7:30 pm, we ask exhibitors to end promptly at 7:00pm so that the noise from the fair will not interfere with the rehearsal.
- Dress to best represent your school.
- Stay for the entire program.
- Recruitment is restricted to the parameters of the booth.
- Audio-visual equipment should not interfere with other exhibitors.
- Displays can not exceed or obstruct the view of adjacent booths.
- Promotional giveaways (raffles and drawings) are strictly prohibited. Only literature and materials pertaining to the college or university is permitted.
- Be courteous to other exhibitors and fair attendees.
- Fill out the exhibitor evaluation and leave it on your table at the conclusion of the fair.
- Place empty boxes beneath your designated table.
- Keep the aisles clear of boxes and materials.
- Enjoy the event!
Shipping Instructions for Recruiters
Boxes of materials may be shipped to the event to arrive between Monday, October 19th and Wednesday, October 28th. Boxes will be placed at your assigned table by 4:00 pm on the day of the fair.
Send all shipments to:
Attn: Christina Crispin
Upstate NY College Fair, Eastman School of Music
Hold for: NAME OF YOUR SCHOOL
26 Gibbs Street
Rochester, NY 14604
We strongly recommend that you track your packages to confirm arrival at Eastman.
If you have any special needs, please contact the Admissions Office in advance of the fair so that we may assist you upon arrival.