DATES AND AUDITION OPTIONS
2023 Rochester Audition Dates: Friday February 10, 17, 24
2023 Remote Audition Option: Applicants who would like to audition virtually will be scheduled for a zoom audition in February 2023.
PRE-SCREENING AND AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
There is no pre-screening required for undergraduate harp.
BM audition requirements:
- Bach Grandjany Etudes for Harp – No. 3 or No. 6 only
- Dittersdorf Concerto for Harp, movement 1 – measures 23 to 80 OR Mozart Concerto for Flute and Harp, movement 1 – measures 44 to 120
- one solo work by Marcel Grandjany or Marcel Tournier
- one contemporary work for harp written after 1930
There is no pre-screening required for graduate harp.
MM audition requirements:
Each of the following:
- Bach Grandjany Etudes for Harp – No. 2 or No. 10 only – OR – one of the Posse Eight Great Concert Etudes for Harp
- Three works of contrasting style from the following periods: 20th-century French, contemporary, and Baroque or Classical
DMA audition requirements: Applicants must prepare a 40-minute audition program, to be performed from memory, including works representing at least three contrasting style periods.