DATES AND AUDITION OPTIONS
2024 On campus Audition Dates: Saturday February 10, 17, 24
Piano Accompanying applicants may choose to audition either on-campus or remotely via video upload. The required repertoire is the same for both audition types. All applicants must submit their repertoire selections within the online application. Every effort will be made to find partners for on-campus auditions. Applicants will be required to sight-read with and/or without a provided partner.
2024 Remote Audition option:
Applicants who choose to audition by video recording should submit all other application materials by December 1st and upload their audition videos by February 1st. Remote applicants will be notified no later than March 1, 2024 if they will be invited to participate in a final-round Zoom interview. Remote applicants who are invited to a final-round Zoom interview will be asked to sight-read from the Schubert Lieder Volume l Peters Edition (High Key).
MM & DMA audition requirements:
- Two complete, contrasting instrumental works, selected from the Accompanying Audition Repertoire List (see PDF link below), Group A
- Five songs representing stylistic and linguistic variety, from the Accompanying Audition Repertoire List, using appropriate selections from Group B, C and D
- One Mozart aria selected from the Accompanying Audition Repertoire List, Group E.
- One concerto reduction, selected from the Accompanying Audition Rep List, Group F
- Candidates may choose to present a solo piano work, if they wish.