Eastman School of Music faculty are renowned soloists and chamber musicians who fill concert halls around the world, and recitals in the School’s Kilbourn Hall are an important part of their performing schedules. The Eastman Faculty Artist Series gives local music lovers the opportunity to catch these internationally lauded artists on their own home turf.
A total of 30 faculty concerts, ranging from jazz to voice recitals and from solo piano to chamber music by Eastman composers, are scheduled in fall 2007 and spring 2008. The varied days and times make it possible to find performances that fit in everyone’s schedule. Tickets are available at the door one hour before concert time and are $10 for the general public; UR ID holders are admitted free. All recitals are in Kilbourn Hall.
- The schedule of Faculty Artist Series concerts is:
- Monday, Sept. 17: Robert Swensen, tenor, with Benton Hess, piano, 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 18: Eastman jazz faculty, 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 19: Douglas Prosser, trumpet, 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 23: Robert Morris and Ciro Scotto, composers, 3 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 29: Lynn Blakeslee, violin, with Russell Miller, piano, 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 10: Thomas Schumacher, piano, 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 16: Russell Miller, piano, with guest artist mezzo-soprano Susan Toth Shafer, 8 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 5: Don Harry, tuba, 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 13: Carlos Sanchez-Gutierrez, composer, 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 20: John Marcellus, trombone, 8 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 26: Chien-Kwan Lin, saxophone, with Pi-Lin Ni, piano, 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 27: George Taylor, viola, 8 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 14: Peter Kurau, horn, 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 15: Katherine Cowdrick, mezzo-soprano, 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 16: Rebecca Penneys, piano, 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 20: Zvi Zeitlin, violin, with Barry Snyder, piano, 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 23: Oleh Krysa, violin, accompanied by Tatiana Tchekina, piano, 8 p.m. *
- Monday, Jan. 28: Mark Kellogg, trombone, 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 29: Oleh Krysa, violin, accompanied by Tatiana Tchekina, piano, 8 p.m.*
- Tuesday, Feb. 5: Oleh Krysa, violin, accompanied by pianist Tatiana Tchekina, 8 p.m.*
- Sunday, Feb. 10: Mikhail Kopelman, violin, 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 12: Charles Castleman, violin, 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 26: Phillip Ying, viola, 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 5: John Graham, viola, 8 p.m.**
- Monday, March 17: Karen Holvik, soprano, 8 p.m.
- Sunday, March 30: Steven Doane, cello, with Barry Snyder, piano, 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 1: Bill Dobbins, piano, 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 2: Barry Snyder, piano, 8 p.m.
- Monday, April 7: Jean Barr and Thomas Schumacher, duo pianos, 8 p.m.
- Sunday, May 4: John Beck percussion, 3 p.m.**
*Krysa and Tchekina will perform the complete cycle of Beethoven sonatas for violin and piano in their three concerts on Jan. 23 and 29 and Feb. 5.
**Graham and Beck will be retiring at the end of the 2007-2008 academic year; their March 5 and May 4 recitals, respectively, will be their farewell appearances in the Faculty Artist Series.
# # #