In order to recognize and celebrate the contributions of our faculty, the Dean’s Office has established a process to provide financial support to academic departments that wish to plan a dinner or reception event for their retiring or departing faculty members. These funds are in addition to the annual budget amount that is allocated for professional expenditures and may be requested by following the guidelines outlined below:
- Please notify the Events and Activities Manager, Wendy Borden of your intent to plan a faculty dinner or reception. Please provide the requested date, location and the name of the person that will be responsible for planning the event to ensure this information is added to the events calendar.
- Department assistants or faculty may consult with the Events and Activities Manager to obtain information and/or recommendations for caterers or other required services but are responsible for the planning and management of all event logistics within the department.
Departments may request financial support for the event as follows:
- a maximum of $500 for each retirement event if the faculty member has achieved a minimum of 15 years of service at ESM.
- or a maximum of $100 for each faculty departure event if the faculty member is leaving to pursue other professional opportunities.
Expenses that exceed these limits must be paid from departmental funds.
- All event-related invoices must be processed and prepared for payment by the sponsoring department assistant. The completed paperwork should include the original invoice(s) attached to the Request for Payment or Blue Requisition form and should be sent to the Events and Activities Manager for review, approval and processing.
Revised, August 2016