What you'll need...
While the Eastman School of Music provides students with professional studios to work on school assignments, students are expected to have a minimal studio setup available at home. Below is a list of hardware and software required for a minimal setup, as well as an optional live audio recording setup for working from home.
Minimal Studio Setup
Mac computer (preferred)
- 16GB RAM minimum (32GB or more preferred)
Portable External Hard Drive
- 500 GB SSD (1TB or more preferred)
Logic Pro X (preferred)
- Other DAW’s include Cubase, Digital Performer, and Reaper
- Pro Tools
- Sibelius or Finale
- MIDI Keyboard
- Orchestral MIDI instrument library
Live Audio Recording
All of Minimal Studio items, plus:
- 1 Mic Preamp (2 or more preferred)