The Eastman School of Music strives:
- To create a musical community that is rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity.
- To give the student an intensive professional education in his or her musical discipline.
- To prepare each student with a solid foundation in music and an expansive education in the liberal arts.
- To develop an informed and inquiring mind that enables each graduate to engage the fundamental issues of his or her art and to become an effective cultural leader in society.
- And, through its community and continuing education programs, to offer the highest quality music instruction and performance opportunities for students of all ages.