Mission of the Norfolk Chamber Music Festival
1. To provide artistic and academic preparation for the most gifted graduate-level performers and composers from around the world under the tutelage of an international faculty.
2. To support and extend the Yale School of Music’s internationally recognized music programs by serving as a pedagogical and performance venue for faculty and fellows as well as provide opportunities for the development of special projects consistent with YSM activities.
3. To foster the creation of new chamber music through commissions, concerts, workshops, competitions and residencies for established and student composers from around the world.
4. To seek new possibilities for the international cultivation of chamber music through exchange programs as well as by developing new media and performance venues.
5. To invite audiences to discover, explore and appreciate chamber music through concerts, lectures, listening clubs, school programs and creative outreach activities.