Exploring the Metropolis
Exploring the Metropolis focuses on the built environment and helps these two New York City cultural communities:
1. Performing artists/companies seeking affordable, suitable workspace to rehearse and perform
2. Cultural facilities with underused space and the need to activate them
How do we do this?
1. Created NYC Performing Arts Spaces, the free database website, starting in 2001 and now operated by Fractured Atlas.
2. Engage with cultural communities and facilities through studies of their physical facility needs, operating structures, etc.
3. Work for and with government by supplying neutral data and resources based on specialized experience.
4. Provide opportunities for musicians and performing artists through our residency programs.