An Eastman education is founded upon the highest standards of artistry and scholarship. Guided by George Eastman’s vision to educate the whole musician, world-class faculty members help students reach their creative and professional potential. Young musicians who graduate from Eastman leave as artists, leaders, educators, and innovators.
Your support of the Eastman School ensures our ability to continue to provide a world-class educational experience by investing in these priorities:
- Scholarships Initiative – Endowed scholarships are our most critical need as they allow us to attract the most talented and deserving undergraduate and graduate students.
- Faculty – Supporting our greatest asset through endowed professorships and other funding, allows us to build on our reputation by retaining the talented professors that we have and attracting outstanding new faculty from around the world.
- Special Programs – To remain at the forefront of educating musicians of the future, we must continue to develop innovative programs, such as the Institute for Music Leadership, to respond to and help shape America’s changing musical and cultural environment.
- Facilities – Our capital needs include some new initiatives, as well as past projects like the Eastman Theatre Renovation and Expansion (there are still a number of wonderful naming opportunities available within the Theatre and the Eastman East Wing).
- Eastman Fund – The life-blood of any educational institution, gifts to our Annual Fund provide much-needed resources to sustain the Eastman experience.
For information about supporting scholarships or other special programs and projects, please contact:
Eastman School of Music
Office of Advancement
26 Gibbs Street
Rochester, NY 14604-2599
866.345.2111 (outside 585 area code)