Office of Student Activities
Nominations, Elections, & Appointments
Students’ Association Executive Board and Council Member Process:
The Students’ Association (SA) is your undergraduate student government. The purpose of the SA is to act as liaison between the undergraduate students and the administration; to provide a support structure for student activities; to provide social activities to enhance and enrich student life; to promote the cultural, social, and physical well-being of students; to protect the academic and non-academic rights of the students; and to provide a forum for the expression of student views and interests.
Positions for the Executive Board are President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary. For more information regarding these positions, please read: ESM Students’ Association Executive Board Position Descriptions.
SA’s primary voice is through the Students’ Association Council. These positions carry out initiatives and address on going needs of the student body. For more information regarding these positions, please read: ESM Students’ Association Council Position Descriptions.
* Only self-nominations are accepted.
* All candidates are expected to have satisfactory academic and judicial standing in order to hold office.
* Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
* You must not be studying abroad during the term for which you are running. If you are currently abroad, you are eligible to run and participate in elections if you will be back on campus for your term.
* Presidential & Vice Presidential candidates must run as a pair.
* Candidates can run for multiple positions, but must submit an individual nomination and platform for each position.
Election flyers may only be posted on bulletin boards in the Student Living Center and Lowry Hall. All flyers must be sent for review and printing to the Office of Student Activities.