Below is a brief guide to some of the common financial pieces to entering Eastman, please reach out to the Financial Aid Office for individual assistance.

Financial Aid

As a reminder, students are responsible for filing all required applications, documents, and certifications with the ESM Office of Financial Aid so that awards are credited to the student’s Eastman School bill.  Be sure to visit ESM FAOnline to review your financial aid for the upcoming academic year.  Note: If you are a Dual Degree student and you receive your financial aid from the University of Rochester, you need to use the UR FAOnline Student Login.

Pell Grants and Other Need-Based Aid

Students must ensure that all verification documents are sent to the ESM Financial Aid Office. Please be sure that all information is accurate and up-to-date. New York State Undergraduate TAP information and application can be found here:

Federal Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized, Graduate & Parent PLUS Loans

The ESM Office of Financial Aid will contact students to complete an online Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling Session for Federal Direct Loans through the Federal Direct Loan Servicing web site. This process must be completed before the start of classes in order to ensure accurate and timely credit of these funds to your account.

Federal Work Study

Students are responsible for finding and securing an on-campus job in order to utilize their Work Study award. Earned funds are paid directly to the student via University payroll in a bi-weekly paycheck based on hours worked. How to search for a job and other information can be found at the University of Rochester Student Employment Office website:

Outside Grants, Awards, and Prizes

If you are receiving an outside grant, award, or prize, please notify the ESM Office of Financial Aid so that the award can be anticipated on your student account.  Checks should be forwarded to the Office of Financial Aid, Eastman School of Music, 26 Gibbs St, Rochester, NY 14604.

Payment Agreements

All students are required to submit a payment agreement and will be unable to register for classes if an agreement is not on file. The payment agreement is submitted at

Undergraduate Students on the International Two Payment Plan

All payments must be made in U.S. dollars and drawn on a U.S. bank to ensure proper crediting of your student account.  Many international students prefer to pay via wire transfer.  Wire transfers can be made through UR ePAY by selecting the International Payment method. Arrangements to have funds available for payment should be made well in advance of each due date

Billing Information

Office of the Bursar Billing Procedures

← Orientation Home