Spring 2021 Degree RecitalsOctober 26, 2020
For all students intending to book a degree, performance recital for this coming Spring semester, please carefully read the details below as some practices have changed.
Scheduling Student Degree Recitals – Spring 2021
All students who are due to complete their Degree Recital between February 1, 2021 and May 7, 2021 must enter the lottery in order to secure a booking appointment. Appointments and the scheduling of recitals will be managed via Zoom starting early November. Please notify of the Concert Office of your request for a Spring degree recital by submitting the form here:
After submitting your request form, you will be sent an email in early November to schedule a Zoom appointment with Julia Ng who will work with you to finalize your recital and rehearsal date/time. Appointment scheduling will be detailed in the email. Please be prepared for your appointment by knowing your schedule and the schedule of your collaborators, teachers, and family.
- all recitals will be live-streamed with no audiences permitted in performance spaces and with all musicians masked on stage.
- Ensembles of 5 or more participants will need to be approved by the Academic Affairs Office.
- Programs will be completed by typists, sent to you in PDF format and will be included on the Eastman website.
- Programs can be submitted here:https://www.esm.rochester.edu/concerts/student-degree-recital-program-submission/
- Stage Diagrams can be submitted here:https://www.esm.rochester.edu/ushers/staging/staging.php
- Any recital requiring projection, and/or video, must take place in Hatch Recital Hall. Requests must be made at the time of your recital appointment.
- Any amplification needs must be discussed at your appointment – with changing COVID-19 cleaning procedures, T&MP may not be able to accommodate your request.
- Any recital requiring special instruments must be requested with the Instrument Office.
All bookings are subject to the academic import of classes by the Registrar’s office at the end of each semester. While every care is taken to avoid creating a booking conflict, occasionally an event or import will create a scheduling issue. In this case, students will be promptly notified and offered the best possible alternative that is still available.
Complete information regarding the scheduling of Student Recitals can be found online here: https://www.esm.rochester.edu/concerts/student-degree-recitals/sdr-lottery-process/
Best of luck for a successful recital!
Director of Concert Activities
Eastman School of Music
University of Rochester