Scheduling Recitals – Fall 2020August 31, 2020
All students who are due to complete their Degree Recital between now and November 24, 2020 must enter the lottery in order to secure a booking appointment. Appointments and the scheduling of recitals will be managed over the phone or via a zoom meeting between September 8 and September 15. It is the responsibility of each student to identify their appointment time and make arrangements to keep it after submitting their lottery ticket here:
For the fall 2020 semester, musical performances, including all rehearsals and performances, at the Eastman School of Music will be governed by the following policies:
- Ensembles of 5 or more participants will need to be approved by the Academic Affairs Office.
- Programs will be completed by typists, sent to you in PDF format, and will be included on the Eastman website.
- Programs can be submitted here: https://www.esm.rochester.edu/concerts/student-degree-recital-program-submission/
- Stage Diagrams can be submitted here: https://www.esm.rochester.edu/ushers/staging/staging.php
- Any recital requiring projection, and/or video, must take place in Hatch Recital Hall. Requests must be made at the time of your recital appointment.
- Any amplification needs must be discussed at your appointment – with changing COVID-19 cleaning procedures, T&MP may not be able to accommodate your request
- Any recital requiring special instruments must be requested with the Instrument Office.
All bookings are subject to the academic import of classes by the Registrar’s office at the end of each semester. While every care is taken to avoid creating a booking conflict, occasionally an event or import will create a scheduling issue. In this case, students will be promptly notified and offered the best possible alternative that is still available.
Complete general information regarding scheduling Student Recitals can be found online: https://www.esm.rochester.edu/concerts/student-degree-recitals/sdr-lottery-process/
Best of luck for a successful recital!
Director of Concert Activities
Eastman School of Music
University of Rochester