Online Training for Eastman – a specially designed program available

July 13, 2020

Monday July 13

Dear Eastman faculty and staff,

Attached please find information about a new training opportunity that has been designed specifically for Eastman faculty who are teaching in an online format this fall.

New Training Opportunity Information

Some of you may immediately think, “I’m teaching in person, this doesn’t apply to me”—but in fact, this message is for everyone.  Even if the greatest proportion of your teaching this fall happens in person, all Eastman faculty should be interested in this training program because the 2 weeks after Thanksgiving have been assigned as a period for online instruction and final reviews/examinations.

The training is organized as a collection of modules that you register for, by signing up for a Blackboard course that will be available on Monday, July 13.  I encourage you to take a look at this carefully constructed program, which includes modules directed at Eastman-specific learning experiences; an IML help desk; and lots of contacts for support. 

I must express my deep gratitude to Jim Doser and his IML colleagues for their investment in creating this unique and focused training specifically for our School.  I know I am signing up now for this training program, in preparation for my own first asynchronous course that will start on the first day of fall semester!

I have included Eastman staff in this message because so many of you either teach or  support faculty in their instructional practices.  Good luck to everyone.

All the best,

DBF

Donna Brink Fox, Ph.D.
Senior Associate Dean of Academic and Student Affairs
Eisenhart Professor of Music Education