The Eastman Case Studies Volume 4 – All 5 case studies only
The Complete Volume 4, Spring 2018 includes the following case studies:
- The Artist-Staff Model of the International Contemporary Ensemble (11 pages)
- Composer Marc Mellits (17 pages)
- Sustaining ImagineARTS at South Shore Conservatory (10 pages)
- Musical Mentors and the Plight of Autonomy (12 pages)
- The Sphinx Organization and the Diversity Marketplace (23 pages)
Authors: Michael A. Anderson, Caroline Sonett, Eric Laprade, Myles Boothroyd
Case Study Methodology
Eastman Case Studies for classroom use have three key attributes:
1. They offer an issue encountered by management in music administration, which demands a resolution or action.
2. They put the student into the business situation, creating an immersive experience that will sharpen student judgement and acumen for similar circumstances.
3. They are presented as chronologically compact scenarios, keeping to facts that bear on the case, and minimizing long histories and extraneous stories about musical arts organizations. The cases shine a light onto particular business problems and are packaged concisely for student learning.