The Eastman Case Studies Volume 2 – All 5 case studies only
Volume 2, Winter 2017 includes the following case studies:
- Building on Trust at the New World Symphony (10 pages)
- Getting on Board with National Sawdust (8 pages)
- Texas Music Educators Association: The Art of Legislating Arts Education (8 pages)
- Laying the Foundation at the San Francisco Girls Chorus (9 pages)
- No Place Like Home: The Industry at a Crossroads (8 pages)
Authors: Michael A. Anderson, Blaire K.S. Koerner, Eric M. Laprade, & Phil Pierick.
Case Study Methodology
Eastman Case Studies for classroom use have three key attributes:
1. They offer an issue encountered by management in music administration, which demands a resolution or action.
2. They put the student into the business situation, creating an immersive experience that will sharpen student judgement and acumen for similar circumstances.
3. They are presented as chronologically compact scenarios, keeping to facts that bear on the case, and minimizing long histories and extraneous stories about musical arts organizations. The cases shine a light onto particular business problems and are packaged concisely for student learning.