The Eastman Case Studies Volume 1 – All 5 case studies only
Volume 1, Summer 2016 includes the following case studies:
- Taking up Residence with Eighth Blackbird (15 pages)
- UMS Renegade: Building a Brand of Cutting-Edge Performances (13 pages)
- Culture Shock: The Merger of the Rhode Island Philharmonic Orchestra & Music School (11 pages)
- At the Core: Contract Negotiations at the Hartford Symphony Orchestra (10 pages)
- Pegasus Early Music and Younger Audiences (10 pages)
Authors: Michael A. Anderson, Blaire K.S. Koerner, & Eric M. Laprade
Case Study Methodology
Eastman Case Studies for classroom use have three key attributes:
1. They offer an issue encountered by management in music administration, which demands a resolution or action.
2. They put the student into the business situation, creating an immersive experience that will sharpen student judgement and acumen for similar circumstances.
3. They are presented as chronologically compact scenarios, keeping to facts that bear on the case, and minimizing long histories and extraneous stories about musical arts organizations. The cases shine a light onto particular business problems and are packaged concisely for student learning.