In this area of the website we will focus on issues relating to the orchestra library and librarians. Articles will be written by a variety of performance librarians about who we are, what we do, and topics relevant to our part of the business, such as:
- 1. how the part-marking process happens
- 2. when the players get their music
- 3. errors in parts
- 4. rental parts
- 5. copyright issues
- 6. standard library policies
- 7. the physical music library
- 8. the librarian’s role within the orchestra organization
- 9. the librarian’s relationship with the conductors, players and managers
And we’ll add anything else we can think of that might be useful to the professional symphony musician.
If there is a particular library-related topic about which you would like to learn more, please let us know and we will be happy to include it. For our first installment, we present, Who Is That Orchestra Librarian?