Facts and Figures
- Nearly 900 students are enrolled in Eastman’s collegiate division – about 500 undergraduates and 400 graduate students.
- Approximately 2,000 applications are received each year, and about 125 first-years and 125 graduate students are enrolled.
- The student/faculty ratio is 6:1.
- Students come from almost every state and nearly 25% are from Canada and other countries.
- Eastman alumni are members of all leading American orchestras
- Eastman graduates also are members of respected orchestras around the world, including the London Symphony Orchestra, the Hong Kong Symphony Orchestra and the New Zealand Philharmonic.
- Five Eastman-trained composers and one current and two former professors have been awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Music.
- Several Eastman alumni have won Grammy Awards, including Renée Fleming, Mitch Miller and William Warfield.
- Eastman composition graduates have won the Prix de Rome, the Bearns Prize, the Charles Ives Award and major awards from ASCAP and BMI.
← Handbook Table of Contents