Technology and Media Production
LinkedIn Learning with Lynda.com Portal
Lynda.com is now LinkedIn Learning with Lynda.com content, and Eastman has just upgraded!
The same comprehensive courses are available, but now rebranded and repackaged in an even more inviting manner. All of your course history is still available, and you now have the option of adding your previous lynda.com profile to LinkedIN, but you don’t have to.
Over the next two weeks we will be updating this site to ensure you get the most out of the transition. For now, use the direct link and the instructions on how to sign in, to continue your training. Thank you for your patience and enjoy!
Eastman Direct Link
From LinkedIn Learning with Lynda.com Content
- Go to LinkedIn Learning
- Click Sign In.
- Click Sign in with your organization account, towards the bottom.
- Enter your University provided email address.
- Log in with your NetID username and password
You are in! Now what? How do you get the most of this experience? What can you do with Lynda? Start with the basics, and go from there.
Try our Getting Started Playlist (a playlist is a curated list of courses, or sections of courses, chronologically ordered according to theme or goal)!
- Our Getting Started with Lynda at Eastman playlist covers the following:
Learn how to use Lynda.com
Learn how to teach using Lynda.com
Learn how to grow using Lynda.com
Explore Learning Paths
Learning Paths are a series of courses, from various disciplines, that provide foundational knowledge to embark on a new career path or further skill acquisition.
Get Familiar with a Topic That Interests You
Topics cover not just courses, but may contain weekly video segments and insightful subject matter pertaining to that particular field of study.
Learn Specific Software Programs, Services and Targeted Skills
You know what you would like to learn. Chances are, it is most likely in Lynda’s extensive library. Below are a few examples:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Office 365
- Google Drive
- Photoshop CC 2019 Essentials
- Final Cut Pro X
- Logic Pro X
- Learning Cinematography: Narrative Fundamentals
- Instructional Design Essentials
- Entrepreneurship: Testing Business Ideas
- Resume Makeover
- Real Recording School Weekly
Further Suggested Courses and Playlists Forged from Experience
The above were just some suggestions, but we hope to flesh this next section below with some real experiences from the Eastman community soon. So, please, as you use the service, let us know what has worked for you and together, we can make this list truly meaningful.
- For Students
- For Faculty
- For Staff
Take Advantage of Blackboard Integration
- Learn how to integrate courses into your own course.
- Employ the flipped learning model.
- Introduce tangential topics students can explore with greater depth at their own pace.
Mobile and Tablet
Your learning doesn’t have to be limited to your desktop, or the classroom. Take it with you on your phone or tablet.
Desktop and TV
- Desktop App
- If you aren’t feeling a browser, or you plan to be off the grid for a while, it could be great to download the courses you were watching for offline viewing, before your digital trail goes dark.
- TV Apps
- What you do in the comfort of your own home is your business, but who said it can’t be educational?
- Of course, you could use this in a classroom as well…
Schedule a time to meet with the current Assoc. Director of Educational Technology Services to see how you can get the most out of lynda.com regardless of your role within the Eastman community. Please add Lynda.com to the subject line.