Eastman Faculty and Staff
COVID-19 Information for Eastman Faculty and Staff
MOST RECENT UPDATE FROM EASTMAN SCHOOL OF MUSIC IS BELOW.
FOR PREVIOUS MESSAGES, SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF PAGE.
ESM HR Update
March 27, 2020
Dear Faculty & Staff,
As we adjust to our new way of carrying out business processes, I wanted to make you aware of a few temporary changes now in place that you may find helpful:
Parking in the East End Garage
The City of Rochester announced that they are suspending monthly parking permit fees to include permits for the East End Garage. As a result, we have suspended payroll parking deductions for employees who pay through payroll to park in the East End Garage. When the City resumes parking fees, Eastman will also reinstate the monthly parking deductions from payroll. Employees will receive advance email notification prior to the reinstatement taking effect.
Intercampus deliveries are still happening daily, USPS is delivering daily, FedEx and UPS are also making deliveries. As mail is considered an essential service, someone will be working on-site, twice per week, to manage and sort mail and packages. As mail bins get full, we will notify facilities to have the bins delivered directly to departments. Department managers will be notified on the date that the mail bin will be delivered and also receive a confirming email once the delivery has occurred.
The Welcome Center is closed for all regular business operations; however, if you have questions about anything related to services typically provided by the Welcome Center, please send inquiries email@example.com .
Phone and Voicemail
To keep the technology and phone systems working smoothly, please do not log in to VPN (virtual private network) unless necessary, and be sure to log out when you are not using it. Employees should also avoid forwarding their voicemail to an off-campus number as it puts a significant strain on the University’s telecommunications system. See other options and get more info.
Any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resource & Administrative Operations Director
Online Learning Support for Faculty:
The following individuals are serving as the Eastman COVID-19 Task Force. Should you have questions that have not already been answered, the following individuals are prepared to assist you.
- Kevin Gibson, Executive Director of Operations (Covid-19 Response Coordinator for Eastman/Security and Facility Matters)
- Donna Fox (Academic/Faculty/Student concerns)
- John Hain (Academic/Student concerns and Coordination with University)
- Mike Stefiuk (Concert Operations)
- Helen Smith (Technical Issues and Online Instruction)
- Jessica Kaufman (Communications)
- Petar Kodzas (Eastman Community Music School)
- Jennifer Horn (Finances)
- Elaine Tennity (Human Recourses and Personnel)
- Bert Bones (Residential Life)
Please keep in mind that our situation can change at any point and it is imperative that all members of the community check their emails regularly for updates. You can find updated resources about the Coronavirus at:
- Updates on Pass/Fail Policy for Spring 2020 March 26, 2020
- Eastman Weekly Special Edition March 23-30, 2020
- Information from the Dean March 20, 2020
- Deadline and Policy Changes for Spring 2020 March 20, 2020
- Important Message from Human Resources March 19,2020
- Remainder of Semester: Message from the Dean March 17, 2020
- Eastman Weekly: Message from the Dean: March 16, 2020
- Message about Travel and Well-Being: March 14, 2020
- Academic Affairs Message: Faculty Teaching Arrangements March 12, 2020
- Message from the Dean: March 11, 2020