2016 New Student Orientation & International Student Orientation Information:
Welcome to Eastman! The Eastman School of Music New Student Orientation and International Student Orientation Program is over a week of mandatory programs. New Student Orientation is critical to a student’s first year experience as it makes a substantial impact on welcoming and connecting students and their families to the institution, as well as facilitates a smooth transition to college life at Eastman. New Student Orientation introduces our students to the wide array of academic, social, intellectual, leadership, and cultural experiences available via a series of intentionally designed events, activities, workshops, and opportunities. During New Student Orientation, students will:
- Receive extensive academic advising, take placement exams, and register for fall classes;
- Learn about the academic, residential, and co-curricular environment;
- Meet other new students and make friends;
- Participate in fun events and explore ways to get involved in student life;
- Meet faculty, staff, and administrators;
- Discuss important first-year college issues;
- Connect with a “Big Sib” and other Eastman Orientation Crew volunteers;
- Learn about campus life from current students;
- Learn your way around Eastman, River Campus, and Rochester.
After participating in New Student Orientation students will be able to:
- Complete necessary tasks in preparation for being an Eastman student;
- Locate, navigate, and utilize on and off campus resources;
- Establish personal and professional connections with peers, staff, and faculty;
- Identify opportunities to get involved and become engaged in the campus community in meaningful ways.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR ORIENTATION 2016:
International Student Orientation is Monday, August 22 and Tuesday, August 23. These students then take part of the New Student Orientation that runs from Wednesday, August 24 through Tuesday, August 30. New international residents may move into the Student Living Center starting Sunday, August 21 @ 10:00am.
New Student Orientation runs from Wednesday, August 24 through Tuesday, August 30. New residents may move into the Student Living Center starting Wednesday, August 24 at a designated time that will be sent to you later this summer.
Please contact the Office of Student Life by phone at 585.274.1251 or e-mail at email@example.com with general questions about New Student Orientation.
For questions regarding things such as undergraduate placement exams, academics and classes, programs of study, studio placements, and/or course requirements, please contact the Office of Academic Affairs by phone at 585.274.1020 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding things such as graduate placement exams, academics and classes, programs of study, studio placements, and/or course requirements, please contact the Graduate Studies Office by phone at 585.274.1560 or e-mail at email@example.com.