2015 New Student Orientation & International Student Orientation Information:
Welcome to Eastman! The Eastman School of Music New Student Orientation and International Student Orientation Program is over a week of mandatory programs where new students will:
- Receive extensive academic advising and take placement exams
- Register for fall classes
- Learn about the academic, residential, and co-curricular environment
- Meet other new students and make friends
- Experience residence hall living
- Participate in fun events and explore ways to get involved in student life
- Meet faculty, staff, and administrators
- Discuss important first-year college issues
- Connect with a “Big Sib” and other Eastman Orientation Committee volunteers
- Learn about campus life from current students
- Learn your way around Eastman, River Campus, and Rochester
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ORIENTATION: Thursday, August 20 – Sunday, August 23
This is mandatory for all new international students. The first event begins at 9am on Friday, August 21.
- MOVE IN & ARRIVAL:
- Thursday, August 20
- If you are an international student who is living off-campus you should arrive in Rochester on Thursday, August 20 (please stay in a hotel, with friends, or move into your apartment). The International Student Orientation begins at 9:00am on Friday, August 21.
- If you are an international student who is living on-campus in the Student Living Center, you must move into your room on-campus on Thursday, August 20, between 10am and 4pm. The first event for international students living in the Student Living Center is at 6:00pm on Thursday, August 20.
NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION: Monday, August 24 – Sunday, August 30
This is mandatory for ALL new incoming and transfer students, INCLUDING international students.
- MOVE IN & ARRIVAL:
- Monday, August 24: Move-in for all other new or transfer students living in the Student Living Center (students are not permitted to move-in before this date). Office of Residential Life will send specific details on time and move in procedures over the summer.
Parents are welcome to attend the Parent Information session and Welcome Picnic on Monday, August 24, as will be specifically noted in New Student Orientation materials. All other programs and sessions are just for new students. Parents may not attend placement exams or other events.
There are several resources, forms, and important information on this website. The website is updated regularly. Detailed information about the Orientation schedules will be posted over the summer.
Please contact the Office of Student Life by phone at 585.274.1106 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with general questions about Orientation.
For questions regarding undergraduate placement exams, academics, programs of study, or course requirements, please contact the Office of Academic Affairs by phone at 585.274.1020 or e-mail at email@example.com.
For questions regarding graduate placement exams, academics, programs of study, or course requirements, please contact the Graduate Studies Office by phone at 585.274.1560 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.