Career Advising sessions
SET YOUR GOALS AND MAKE THEM YOUR PROFESSION
An integral part of the journey to artistic excellence is determining where it will take you, or more accurately, where you can lead it. Whether pursuing a career as a performer, educator, entrepreneur, or administrator, our advisors will work with you to set and articulate your goals and develop a plan to achieve those goals.
WHY SCHEDULE AN ADVISING SESSION?Could you use help in learning how to:
- Compose, target and review your professional documents (CV, cover letter, résumé, bio, etc.)
- Set goals and personalize your career path
- Hone your interview skills
- Develop a financial and creative balance (day jobs vs. practice time vs. audition time)
- Develop honest and confident networking strategies
- Be competitive despite minimal years experience
- Create your own performing and teaching opportunities
- Take your job and audition search beyond what's posted online
Then contact us! Each session is individualized to the needs and interests of the student or alum. Whether preparing for a faculty interview, deciding whether to move home or to NYC, or just looking for a place to start, we are here to support you.
SCHEDULE A SESSION
An integral part of the journey to artistic excellence is determining where it will take you, or more accurately, where you can lead it. Students and alums can consult with advisors regarding individual career paths and directions, and other professional concerns.
To schedule a session:
|Visit us||IML Suite, First Floor Miller Center|
|Enter through Gibbs Street and walk past the stairwell to Sibley; our office is straight ahead!|
|Office Hours||10:00 am – 3:00 pm|
Monday – Thursday