Arts Leadership Program Advising
Advising sessions available
tuesday, march 19 to Wednesday, march 27, 2013
Advising sessions are ***required*** in the Fall for newly admitted certificate students.
Other than that, these sessions are optional, but strongly encouraged for all ALP students.
Any time now through March 27 -- sign up for an advising session
Tuesday, April 2, 9 a.m. -- Course Pre-registration forms due
Important ALP Dates to Remember for Spring 2013
(whew! there's a lot to remember for Spring! Print this out and keep it with your calendar or post in your room.)
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES TO REVIEW
- ALP Course Pre-registration form for Fall 2013 courses -- Due Tuesday April 2 by 9 a.m.
- Fall 2013 ALP Courses **FINAL 03.07.13**
- ALP Courses - complete listing of courses that are active - includes Fall and Spring
General certificate information
- ALP Pledge (you will be asked to sign this at your first advising session
- ALP Certificate Requirements
- Special Information for Undergraduate Winds, Brass & Percussion students
- Graduate Policy on Arts Leadership Program Course Credits
- Local Internships Application Process & Procedures (including dates)
- Post Graduation/ Summer Internship Fellowship Information
- Special Opportunity Grant Information
- Resources to help you write your résumé
About Advising Sessions
Advising sessions are for your benefit. Advising sessions are ***required*** in the Fall for newly admitted certificate students. Other than that, these sessions are optional, but strongly encouraged for all ALP students. The more we know about you, the better we can assist you with your individual needs.
- Discuss and pre-register for ALP courses -- As an ALP certificate candidate, you have the benefit of being registered into ALP courses before any other Eastman School of Music student. Before our session, please review the curriculum and think about what courses you may be interested in taking next semester. Please remember that there are “core” courses you will be required to take. Should you wish not to sign up for courses in an advising session, just fill out the pre-registration form and return it to the ALP office by the deadline required. Questions on courses may be directed to Linda Altpeter, ALP Curriculum Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 582-274-1113.
- Talk about internships and special opportunity grant funding -- review your 3 choices for academic year internships, talk about processes for applying for academic year and/or summer internships, discuss possibilities for special opportunity grant funding for this semester, this summer or next year.
- Review steps to take in developing professional materials -- You are strongly encouraged to have a résumé or curriculum vita prepared prior to the end of the Fall semester. You will be using this to apply for an internship, audition, apply to grad school or for a job. The ESM Office of Careers and Professional Development has some resources here that can help you in writing it. After you have looked at those resources and have your first draft, see information on setting up an advising session with the Careers office here. A professionally crafted résumé absolutely makes a difference.
- Discuss future plans post-Eastman, including post graduate internships
- Facilitate networking with other ALP or Eastman alumni
Please contact the ALP office should you have any other questions.