- What kinds of services do you provide?
- How much do your services cost?
- How do I make payments for the services you offer?
- Can I do my own audio/visual format transfer?
- Can I set up a video conference?
- If I am not affiliated with the Eastman School of Music, can I still use your media services?
- Can I record a non-Eastman project?
Audio Visual Requests
- What equipment is available to borrow from the Technology and Media Production department?
- How do I reserve equipment?
- What are my responsibilities when it comes to borrowing equipment?
- Who do I contact if I am having trouble operating the equipment I borrowed?
- Do you provide equipment tutorials?
- I am giving a recital off campus. Can I still borrow equipment?
- How do I use the self-serve recording units in Howard Hanson Hall and Ciminelli?
- How can I add mulitmedia to my recital?
- Can I record my own recital?
- How do I go about getting a VHS recording of my Degree Recital?
- Do I have to pay in advance for my recital recording?
- How do I request a copy of a concert I performed in?
- Who can request CDs of concerts?
- How do I know when concert CDs are ready to be ordered?
- How long will it take to process my CD request?
Presentations / Events
- I am giving a PowerPoint presentation. What equipment do I need to reserve?
- How can I get access to classroom stereo cabinets?
- I need to make sure there is a podium in the room during my presentation. Can you take care of that?
- Who do I contact to reserve a room for a recital or a meeting?
- Which room is best for my recital or event?
- What is a “Smart Room?”
- What is a # 1200 Key?
What services do you provide?
All of our services are listed on our Recording Services page.
How much do your services cost?
Prices can be found by clicking here.
How can I make payments for the services you offer?
Cash or check payments can be made in the T&MP department. Credit or debit card payments can be made at the Cashier’s Window. Check the Cashier’s window for hours of operation.
Can I do my own audio/video format transfer?
Yes, there is format transfer equipment located in the Sibley Music Library as well as in the Eastman Commons computer lab. Lab capabilities can be found by clicking here.
Can I set up a video conference?
Any requests for video conferencing can be directed to email@example.com.
Audio Visual Requests
What equipment is available to borrow from the Technology and Media Production department?
Our Equipment List page lists all our available equipment, along with their details.
How do I reserve equipment?
You can find the policies and procedures for reserving audio/visual equipment here. You can reserve equipment through our online form, by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 585-274-1130. You must have a room reserved before reserving equipment.
What are my responsibilities when it comes to borrowing equipment?
You are responsible for returning equipment in the same condition in which it was borrowed. You are also responsible if any equipment is lost, stolen or damaged.
Who do I contact if I am having trouble operating the equipment I borrowed?
All equipment in “Smart Rooms” and any portable equipment borrowed from our office should have an accompanying instruction sheet (many of these can be viewed with the equipment description pages here.) If after reviewing the instructions you are still having problems then you can contact one of our engineers at 585-274-1130. If you are completely unfamiliar with a piece of equipment, we recommend learning the correct operating procedures and practicing them prior to your reservation time. This is especially important in a classroom setting or for a presentation as an engineer may not be immediately available to help with problems.
Do you provide equipment tutorials?
Instruction sheets for many of our pieces of equipment are available here. In addition, you can request staff assistance with any request for AV equipment.
How do I use the self-serve recording units in Howard Hanson Hall and Ciminelli?
Instruction sheets are included with both self serve recording units. They can also be found by clicking here.
How can I add multimedia to my recital?
Multimedia requests must be made at least one month prior to your recital date. CD playback (as accompaniment to a movement) and projection are available. For multimedia requests or inquiries, e-mail email@example.com
Can I record my own recital?
You can record your own recital if you perform in Ciminelli Lounge or in Howard Hanson Hall. Both of these rooms have recording units, but you will need to provide your own recordable CDs.
How do I go about getting a VHS recording of my Degree Recital?
In order to get a VHS recording of your Degree Recital you need to fill out a request form in our office or by using our online form at least 2 weeks PRIOR to your recital. The fee for a VHS recording is $10 and must be paid in full before the date of your recital.
Do I have to pay in advance for my recital recording?
VHS recording requests must be submitted and paid in full two weeks before your recital date. CDs can be requested at any time, but must be paid in full before copies will be produced.
How do I request a copy of a concert I performed in?
There are forms available in our office (ESM 60) for current academic year concerts, or you can click here to request a CD via our online form. These orders are processed during the summer months.
Who can request CDs of concerts?
Recordings are only made available for sale to those individuals performing in that recorded concert or event. Any individual requesting a copy of a recording that he/she was not a performer on will need to obtain written permission from the recorded concert’s performers in order to receive a copy. Recordings may not be used for broadcast and/or commercial purposes without the express written consent of the Eastman School of Music. Duplicate copies of the recordings may not be created. To request a CD via our online form, please click here.
How do I know when concert CDs are ready to be ordered?
There is an online archive that shows all of the recordings that are available from the current academic year, including Eastman Concerts and Student Degree Recitals.
Presentations / Events
I am giving a PowerPoint presentation. What equipment do I need to reserve?
Assuming the room you are using is completely unequipped, you would need to reserve a data projector, a portable screen and a laptop (if you do not already have your own). If your PowerPoint presentation has embedded sound then you will also need to reserve speakers. To find out if the room you are using is equipped with any of these items, please refer to our Smart Rooms page.
I need to make sure there is a podium in the room during my presentation. Can you take care of that?
Any requests that are not AV related should be directed to the Concert Office.
Who do I contact to reserve a room for a recital or a meeting?
Most rooms are reserved through the Registrar’s Office. Performance spaces such as ESM 120 and Ciminelli Formal Lounge are reserved through the Concert Office.
Which room is best for my recital or event?
To decide which room is best for your recital/event, reference our Smart Rooms page.