For the latest news, check out our Blog using the @Eastman link above
What is Blackboard?
- Blackboard is an online course management system used to disseminate, and create educational content.
- Login to http://my.rochester.edu to get started.
Why use it?
- Ease of use.
- University supported.
- Industry Standard. Blackboard is ” the most widely used course management system in U.S. post-secondary schools.”
- Positions and prepares Eastman for the Internet’s increasing role in education and its impact within the Music profession.
Think of The Possibilities…
To generalize, there are basically three kinds of classes taught here at Eastman: Lectures, Ensembles and Studio lessons. Blackboard can enhance and bring new learning possibilities to each of these class types.
How do I use it?
Resources from Blackboard.com
- Blackboard Help. A web based manual designed to help Instructors and Students alike.
- Quick Reference Highlights
Learn-On Demand Learning Center is a site built to help instructors better understand the BB 9.1 learning environment. Below are some highlighted video tutorials from the site within their respective sections:
- Understanding & Building Your Course
- Communicating and Collaborating
- Assessing Learning
- When uploading files, please ensure that there are no spaces at the beginning of the file name.
- Watch for apostrophes in item names. It can lead to odd behaviors in the grade center.
- For the latest news, check out our Blog!
Login issues? Course merging? General thoughts on life with Blackboard? Please e-mail email@example.com anytime you need help exploring this resource.